My client a well-known food production/ agricultural group is looking to hire an Agricultural Consultant/ Farm Crop specialist to join their team in Pretoria. You will be required to support farmers and help identify innovative ways to revolutionize their farming / business strategies and deliver new product and services that incorporate cutting-edge technology and farming practices. Your client portfolio will include both large commercial and small to medium sized farms.
You must speak fluent Afrikaans both written and spoken to be considered for this role.
- Degree in Agricultural Science or Agricultural Economics (Masters preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience within agriculture sector
- Must have had a stint in a customer facing/ consulting role focused on farmers
- Own transport – willing to travel regionally
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Customer lifecycle and relationship management within agricultural environment
- Qualitative and quantitative research and reporting methodologies
- Demonstrate a background in market research, needs analysis and insight reporting
- Able to develop cutting-edge agricultural solutions and agricultural products
- A solid understanding of agricultural technology solutions, agricultural machines that improve farm output and how digital solutions can help combat farming issues
- Developing relationships with farmers in the area
- Create insight reports specifying customer problem areas and innovation opportunities
- Identify gaps and opportunities for new products, services and solutions
- Improved decision making through general market insight and reporting
- Market and trend reporting
- Innovative product development and solution design
- Apply customer-facing LEAN Innovation methodology and Go-to-market strategies
- Customer experience and relationship management
Please respond to this advert if you are interested in the role.