My client, a leader within the motor industry, is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their team based in Randburg.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily supervision of creditors, procurement and fixed assets.
- Responsible for accurate and timeous monthly financial reports.
- Produce monthly Management Accounts and provide variance report.
- Ensure all regional and departmental income statements are accurate and distributed on time.
- Check creditors’ payments.
- Oversee procurement of fixed assets as per policy.
- Ensure income statement & balance sheet recons are accurate and done on time.
- Manage Insurance portfolio.
- Assist with budget preparations.
- Responsible for drafting Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist with the external and internal audits.
- Manage staff and review performance.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Financial Accountant.
- 3-4 years working experience, with at least 1 years’ experience at a supervisory or team leader level.
- Bookkeeping with full accounting function experience.
- Experience in handling year-end audit process.
- People management in all aspects.
- Recognized Accounting/ Senior Bookkeeping qualification.
- Computer literacy – Accounting package (Sage X3 an advantage), Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook
- Above average verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative along with problem solving abilities.
- Ability to build strong effective relationships with clients, colleagues and management.
- Must be a good team player and achieve objectives as set out by the Financial Accountant.
- Must be meticulous in carrying out tasks/instructions etc.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have good analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
Should you meet the required skills please respond to this advert