My client a well-known shipping company is looking for a Director to head up their Ocean Freight division. To be considered for this role you must have a solid understanding of ocean freight, the various ocean freight markets as well as clearing and forwarding (customs).
- You will be responsible for driving the Ocean Freight division and ensure that the volume and profitability targets are achieved.
- You will need to ensure the business is competitive and a head of the curve in terms of new product development and IT initiatives.
- Steering the short and long-term plans
- Developing the ocean freight strategy/framework covering, sales, product, operations, customer services, negotiations, bid tender management & IT systems and processes.
Essentials for this role:
- Extensive background on ocean freight
- At least 5 years in a senior management role
- Completed degree
- Willingness to travel
- Strong understanding of ocean fright products
- Proven ability to develop and role out strategies
- Ability to lead complex negotiations
Please respond to this advert if you are interested in finding out more.